Sunday, February 28, 2010

Problem Solving

1. If I leave Canberra on the bus at 9.15 am, and get into Sydney three hours and fifteen minutes later, what time will it be?

2. If I have to be at a meeting at 11.30am, and it takes 37 minutes to get there, what time will I have to leave home?

3. If it takes 25 minutes to read a chapter in my book, and I want to read 3 chapters, how long will it take me?

4. If I am going to bake cookies, and each tray takes twelve minutes to bake, how long will it take, in hours and minutes, to bake six trays?

5. If I leave Sydney at 3.30pm, and drive for two hours, then have a fifteen minute break in Berrima, then drive for another hour and a half, how long will it take to get to Canberra.

6. If it takes forty-five minutes to make fudge, how long does it take to make two batches?

No comments: